Friday, December 02, 2005

RI "Pupil Satisfaction" Survey

Spotted on Asknlearn and supposedly "mandatory" for all "graduating students" of RI, I decided to have a go at it. Although I am not a "graduating student of RI", for I have already graduated, doing it certainly seems harmless. There were 6 choices from A to F, A being "Very Strongly Agree" and F being "Very Strongly Disagree" (that's bad English, by the way). However, I'd like to take the initative and make my responses open-ended.

After all, since they don't give me all MCQ for Chemistry common tests, why should I give them all MCQ for this sort of "Pupil Satisfaction" survey? Might as well answer the way they like us to, open-ended. It is quite sad to note that the Asknlearn portal does not support such answers, so I have no choice but to do the survey here. Okay here goes.. (it's bloody long, 86 freaking questions)

1. I am proud to be a student of this school.
- I am not a student. I've graduated.

2. I feel a sense of belonging to the school.
- Kind of. The school is still doing quite well.

3. I enjoy school and look forward to coming everyday.
- DUH!! Especially now when I can play soccer and waterpolo.

4. I will give suggestions/ feedback to improve the school even if I am not asked to do so.
- Yes of course. This is already one example. In fact, I always give tons and tons of feedback without prompting, only that the school never seems to find them or take any action. Well, it isn't my fault if so.

5. I feel that I have lived up to the expectations of the school.
- Depends on what you are talking about. If it's PE, I've exceeded. If it's CLE, I've exceeded. If it's RE, I've met it. If it's GPA, then I'm miles away.

6. I support the school’s strategic directions.
- Whatever they are, sounds good. I like strategy, and I like to have some direction as well.

7. I am aware of the school’s vision, mission and goals.
- Thinker, leader, pioneer!! And err.. Auspicium Melioris Aevi.

8. I consult my teachers when I meet with difficulties in my studies.
- Chandru, yes. The rest, no comments.

9. I do not feel a lot of pressure as a pupil in this school.
- Is this some joke? The pressure I feel in RI is measured in KPa (kilo-Pascals), not just Pa (Pascals)!!

10. If I am to decide all over again and choose the school that I want to be in, I will choose Raffles Institution.
- Obviously. Then I can abuse the system, being very familiar with it. I'd probably score GPA 4 at the end of my next four years, without learning anything more.

11. I know what is expected of me as a learner in the school.
- If I knew, I'd score GPA 4.

12. I am able to apply what I have learnt in one subject to another.
- I apply my subjects everywhere, even in talking cock (view previous posts for evidence). However, the authenticity and the accuracy of it is highly questionable.

13. I am able to express my thoughts/ideas accurately and precision.
- Of course, after TPH's 长文缩短 lessons, I have to be damn precise. Also, I'm from the Express stream, so expression is naturally no problem.

14. I am able to interpret information from different sources.
- Depends.

15. I am able to apply problem-solving skills in my daily life.
- What has this got to do with my satisfaction? With or without RI I'd still solve problems.

16. I am able to apply reasoning skills to understand concepts/ideas in class.
- I am able to reason with the teacher for sleeping in class.

17. I am given many opportunities to clarify doubts in my lesson.
- Hahaha like when a certain person's mother aka Mrs Khoo says, "Shut up! You have no right to ask me any questions since you haven't done your homework!"

18. I am given sufficient opportunities to express my opinion during lessons.
- If the word "but" is considered sufficient, then the answer is yes.

19. I know how to source for relevant information.
- Lies. A certain Mrs Yap taught me nothing.

20. I can find the resources that I require for my school-based research in the Hullett Memorial library.
- No, but I can certainly play Pikaball there and then write 20 reasons on why I should not play games in the library.

21. Physical Education classes have helped me to cultivate a healthy lifestyle.
- No, I did it all by myself.

22. I am curious and interested in understanding the world around me.
- I am, but what the hell has this got to do with RI? Out of point.

23. I have the opportunity to understand national and world issues through NE-related discussions.
- Yawn.. what discussion? Back to sleep la.

24. Students in my school are able to make moral decisions.
- I don't like to comment on sensitive issues.

25. Students in my school are friendly and caring.
- Refer to Question 24.

26. Students in my school treat me as an equal.
- Refer to Question 25, then Question 24.

27. My school is safe as my schoolmates are honest and have integrity.
- No one bothers to steal my Nokia 2100 handphone, though I can't say the same if I had a more expensive one. As for integrity, there's a cheater right behind me scoring amazingly high marks for all his tests.. and he smells like some ester that incidentally smells like a species of fruit. Okay enough said.

28. I care about the cleanliness of my classroom.
- I'm the damn monitor, of course I do!

29. I care about the facilities in school.
- Naturally. As a student of the school, it is my responsiblity to take care of school property. I don't vandalise or wreck things, I just occasionally use the computer console in class when someone else opens it for me.

30. I can count on my schoolmates to help me when I face any difficulties.
- Counting on my schoolmates doesn't help. When I jump onto one of them and go "one, two, three.." he tells me to f*** off.

31. I have good friends among my schoolmates.
- Sure, why not? Good friends who kope my chalk to write on my table. (To tell the truth, vandalise my table.)

32. The class executive committee (CEC) members are effective in maintaining classroom discipline.
- Oh of course! They are even better than the prefects, who are mostly (if not all, which is highly possible) useless people. They (the CEC) are not just effective, they are just that damn good.

33. CEC members are effective in carrying out administrative work.
- They are like, simply the best at everything; and I believe my fellow members on this blog would be inclined to agree with me.

34. CEC members have the necessary skills to perform their duties well.
- Naturally. In fact, in the case of 4J, I think that their CEC has more than the necessary skills to perform their duties. Except maybe for Zhang Kahn, who kopes class fund to go buaya. Thankfully, the other two CEC members more than redeem for this little sneaky Zhang Kahn (sic).

35. Pupils cooperate with the class committee members.
- Hell no! They still cheat in Bio Pop Quiz.

36. Pupil leaders (Prefects/CCALs/PSLs) are good role models.
- Not all, especially in the case of the prefects. For CCALs, only those who serve under House are really brilliant. PSLs.. maybe one or two, but don't ask me.

37. Pupil leaders (Prefects/CCALs/PSLs) are able to apply the leadership skills they have learnt very effectively.
- This is really repetition from the previous question. I refuse to answer.

38. Pupil leaders (Prefects/CCALs/PSLs) are involved in decision-making with regard to pupil activities.
- Perhaps. I'm lazy to read the question, I'm sorry.

39. The school grounds are very clean and neat.
- That's if you don't consider classrooms school grounds.

40. The school provides enough facilities to meet my learning needs.
- Who learns? Who needs to learn?

41. The school bookshop services meet my needs as a pupil.
- Wa, they actually serve? I only need a soccer ball and some good shoes, both of which are not supplied by the school bookshop.

42. The school photocopying service meets my needs as a pupil.
- The photocopying lady is a bitch, though I must admit her machines are darn good. Especially in CT period when I photocopy tons of revision notes, but don't bother to look at them at home.

43. The facilities of the science laboratories are good.
- Of course! I enjoyed hearing "pop" sounds even though we were supposed to be making esters.

44. The computer facilities in the school are good.
- This is most certainly true. I've had more than my fair share of fun with Pikaball, Pokémon, Runescape, Utopia, Neopets, etc. I hope RJC has such superb facilities too?

45. The sports facilities in the school are good.
- Couldn't be better, because there's no space left. Actually, the facilities are enough for me to play soccer, only that sometimes I feel that there is too much space constraint. Next time I play, please remove the chairs, the tables, the overhead projector and the silly ceiling fans. Aircon can stay.

46. The library is well stocked with resources to support my learning.
- Mrs Yap does not support my learning, though she supports penmanship and punishment in ways like cleaning up the library. (Trust me, I've been through it)

47. The library is conducive for studying.
- And for sleeping.

48. The classrooms are very well equipped to provide a conducive atmosphere for learning.
- And for sleeping.

49. I care about the cleanliness of my classroom.
- I thought I've answered that, is this a lame attempt to make more questions?

50. I care about the facilities in school.
- Another repeat? I'm a model student, for goodness sake!

51. The school caters to different student’s abilities, needs and pace of learning.
- I don't know. I'm only one student, and I'm not a Different. I'm an Integral.

52. The current timetable structure is effective in enhancing my learning.
- Only Biology periods, also known as free periods. They enhance my learning in the financial sense, because the National Neopian is giving me lots of interest.

53. My teachers make good and effective use of IT to enhance my learning.
- Chandru never used the computer to teach Maths, but he's damn good. Okay maybe he did use Graphmatica.

54. My teachers explain the objectives/learner outcomes of the lesson/topics.
- If they did, I was sleeping.

55. My teachers are able to motivate and generate my interest in the subject.
- Certainly. As in certain (teachers on)ly.

56. My teachers make time to help me when I have difficulties with my studies.
- No one makes time. It is a well-known fact that everyone has 24 hours a day, no more no less. You cannot make time, nor destroy it.

57. My teachers always adhere to the time allocated for lessons.
- You wish!

58. My teachers give me useful feedback on how to improve my learning.
- No, though they give me useful punishment.

59. Teachers in this school are role models.
- HAHAHAHA!! I've heard of teachers who draw models, teachers who were ex-models, but so far I haven't seen any real role models. But seriously, nice try. Some teachers almost made it.

60. The school helps academically weaker.
- This question makes no sense to me, so I'll assume they're asking if the school helps the academically weaker STUDENTS. I don't feel like I'm helped, so that's the answer.

61. There are adequate local field trips planned for students.
- We did visit some Battlefield Tour for Learning Journeys, though I learnt nothing.

62. There are adequate overseas field trips planned for students.
- They even plan?

63. There are many activities in school to cultivate the aesthetics.
- Most certainly yes. I love Drama Feste.

64. There is an effective communication channel that provides students with the latest information on school matters.
- This question is too long so I won't bother to read.

65. Student contributions and suggestions are recognised and taken seriously by the school.
- Only those made by stinking prefects. I'm only recognised for taking Bayley to their first title in 16 years for Track and even so people have forgotten about it now.

66. The Prefectorial Board has done a very good job as a platform for the student population to convey its views on school matters.
- If that's the case, my name is TAN PUAY HOCK, MASTER OF COCK.

67. The discipline system is consistent with the school’s policies.
- Both of which are irrelevant.

68. I am very clear about school rules
- They left out a word in the question, and the word is "breaking".

69. I am very aware of the consequences to misbehaviour in school.
- This is seriously bad English, so who the hell made this lame survey? Mrs Patricia Nathan, HOD/EL and English teacher for 4F and 4J, will take a serious stand on this. Anyway it's pretty obvious I don't know anything, because I sleep in class, which I hope is not misbehaviouring in school.

70. The rules and consequences are fair.
- According to Macbeth Act 1 Scene 1, the witches mentioned that "fair is foul and foul is fair", and therefore you could say that they are foul as well. Damn, Mrs Nathan would be so proud of me.

71. The rules and consequences are consistently meted out.
- How the hell do you mete out rules? Like, "Hey, here's a rule for you to draw your graph?!" This question is not only stupid, it's senseless.

72. The House System is relevant and engaging.
- Bloody hell, YES!

73. I am proud member of my House.
- That's an understatement. I'm no proud member, I'm the darn vice captain.

74. There is good support from the teachers to help me realise my potential in my CCA.
- I've potential? Eh wait, CCA teacher? Isn't that the one who said that I've an attitude problem? Maybe she's recognising my potential in the area to stir up trouble.

75. There is good support from the school to help me realise my potential in my CCA.
- When they take all the money out of waterpolo to be put in rugby and perhaps athletics. It's okay, this is not a complaint because money in waterpolo is money into someone's shopping funds.

76. CCA activities are well carried out.
- They aren't carried out, they are thrown out to make us tired out. And if we complain, we get out!

77. CCA leaders are very effective in leading their respective CCA group.
- Sherwin Sim is indeed a wonderful leader to work with.

78. There are many opportunities to be a leader in my school.
- Yes there are many opportunities but unfortunately too few talented people. Either that, or the same fagut has lots of money and great sucking-up skills.

79. The school gives student leaders good leadership training.
- If they do, I've skipped most of them. (I did go for CCAL camp)

80. The school leaders (Headmaster, Deputy Headmasters & Directors) are very effective leaders.
- I like the way the school was built, there's a season for everything.

81. The school leaders always try to understand my needs and concerns.
- They don't even know me!

82. There are good safety measures in the school.
- Only when my PE teacher, Romi bin Musa, is around. "Safety issues", he emphasises.

83. The non-teaching staff in the school is friendly and helpful.
- As mentioned earlier, photocopying lady's a bitch. Oh and as if I haven't talked about the arseholes in General Office..

84. The non-teaching staff in the school are able to direct my queries to personnel if they are not in the know.
- They tell you to f*** off.

85. The Headmaster’s address gives me a better understanding of the schools’ procedures, policies and practices.
- I sleep through them, honest.

86. The public recognises my school as a premier school.
- If they do, they are bloody misled. But I haven't experienced other schools, so I really shouldn't comment.

Eighty-six bloody questions, two repeated. (I think)

Everyone in RI should really do this survey and post it up on your blog. Then we'll let the IT department clear up the mess and collect all the feedback via this avenue. Sounds fun, no?

No comments:

Crash your Firefox

Click to hang your Firefox

Blog Archive

Search This Blog