Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Happyland Adventures

Ah, I feel so recharged having just woken up from a long slumber. After my surveillance last night, you can be rest assured that it's me again posting this. Me, not meaning my assistant, but just me.

I watched from the top of the building for a long, long time - and all I got was a sore neck and some really wet clothing. Don't forget, it rained a hell lot yesterday. Since noon on Tuesday till 9am on Wednesday (aka today), I was up there trying to listen what was going on down there. Couldn't plant bugs, only found lots of ladybugs down in the garden when I went down for a short break. Only a short break, mind, I really had to keep up the stealth and the surveillance.

Well, apart from the soccer they were having that I already reported yesterday, some of them stayed through the night to do I-wonder-what. Then other than this I-wonder-what, I also wonder what they could have told their parents they were up to. Bloody baskit, I heard plenty of sounds that I wouldn't appreciate, and sounds that probably told me they were doing more than orientation. Oh wait, were they even doing orientation in the first place? In any case, I might have been mistaken as too long up there on the roof might give you night chills. Then I might hallucinate. Whatever.

My objective today is to introduce you to an addictive and fun new game that I have been totally caught up with this festive season. I only regret I couldn't post this earlier, because you might have had as much fun as me. Plus, the game is not as applicable after Christmas. But a game is a game, so it's for anytime which is why I'm telling you now.

It's called HAPPYLAND ADVENTURES, by www.freelunchdesign.com.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Here's their screenshot. Guess how I even found this site anyway - it was during one day when I had no money to go buy lunch, and I sent my recorder to Beethoven for servicing and fine-tuning (meaning no busking). Then I had to think of a way to get lunch. However, since most of my friends already had lunch (it was 2:30pm), I couldn't very well ask them to treat me and watch me eat. Thus, I surfed the net for a free lunch place. Instead, I found this game site and I thought, why not? Then downloaded Happyland.

The rest is history (like what isn't). The moment it finished downloading, I had a game or two and couldn't stop since. I forgoed my lunch that day, and my dinner as well. My stomach could wait - Happyland Adventures was too bloody fun. The only thing that stopped me was a power trip that night. So I got really hungry and went out for supper. By then, I had earned a hell lot of money from playing Happyland - so all my problems were solved. Helpful game, innit?

You should try it.

I could give you some passwords if you want to advance levels, the first few are kind of boring and difficult to get the passwords. But I am a master, and since I'm very generous, you could take some passwords from me. I also tried getting some screenshots, but they somehow screwed up. Free Lunch Design didn't quite want me to advertise their games, but I'll do it anyway.

This is taken off one of the most difficult levels in Happyland, Manic Mines 2:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Very difficult, trust me. But at least when you play the game, there's light so don't worry. I know you can't see clearly here, which is why you'd best go download the game.

And this is the final stage, Terror On Tops 3:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I used to challenge myself by playing from the first to last stage and check how long it took for me to finish. My record stands at 18 minutes 45 seconds, so try beating that. It's not too bad actually, because some cannot even achieve this timing in their 2.4km runs. Trust me, I personally know a few of them whom I shall not name because I'm not so heartless. But anyway 2.4km or not, just play it and tell me if you beat my record. I won't believe you but just tell me anyway. (Socrates-style dialogue, "I know what you say will be in vain, Crito; yet speak, should you have anything to say" - where Crito got damn f**king demoralised and just left him to die, that jerk.)

In the end I got my prize, and the print-screen resolution is still bloody bad.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This is the image you'll see if you complete the game. There's a Santa too, the one which YH sent 2 letters to and the one which YL had some time communicating with as well. Yea he kind of looks like a d33k as YH has mentioned (and racist too like what YL said about X'mas??), but sadly I can't illustrate to you what exactly he looks like. Blame the stupid screenshot. His location is placed precisely on the screen, though, so I hope that helps your impression of the game.

Trust me, it's just that fun. So before my spying yesterday I devoted almost all of my time to this wondrous game here. Just that spying takes priority, one should always be prepared for the future. And as I promised, here's a few passwords that you might like to jump levels. If you don't like spoilers, you can leave now.

To get to..
Mighty Mountain 3: dontturnaround
Mighty Mountain 4: yourkingandqueen
Wicked Village 1: maximilliandrake
Wicked Village 2: wheresthedamncat
Wicked Village 3: donteatyellowsnow
Hurry up!: forestofblackoaks

(I know all the passwords are damn lame, but anyway I'll let you find out the rest for yourself or it wouldn't be fun. If you really want it then I'll mail you, but it's really no kick by then.)

You never know until you try. And you'll regret not trying. But after you try, don't regret that you cannot concentrate on your studies. You probably won't regret it anyway as you'll be so immersed in thinking of how to jump that ledge. Okay never mind - 百闻不如一见。JUST PLAY IT FOR YOURSELF!

Because that's exactly what I'm going to do now. Break my own record.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Thanks for your advices, I play at this game too but I have a problem with "Wicked Village 2", I don't know how to go out of this!!! I searched everywhere but didn't find! Could you help me please?

Thank you very much!

Ans sorry for the bad english, I'm french!

Anonymous said...

hey!! i also LOVE playing this game and have bene playing it for just about 3 years. thanks for the great advice. what is the password before angrybearsaregreen? (by the way, that is another password for i think the 9th level. (i forgot what it was called) 1. dontturnaround 2. yourkingandqueen 3. wheresthedamncat 4. maximilliandrake 5. donteatyellowsnow 6. forestofblackoaks 7. herecomesyuletide 8. whydoyoubuildmeup 9. angrybearsaregreen and lastly, 10. sackfullofpotatoes. that is what i have for the passowords.. but i cxant figure out the one after whydoyoubuildmeup. im trying to get the blue coins..:) thanks for your help and i hope my help is also useful to you.

Anonymous said...

hey!! i also LOVE playing this game and have bene playing it for just about 3 years. thanks for the great advice. what is the password before angrybearsaregreen? (by the way, that is another password for i think the 9th level. (i forgot what it was called) 1. dontturnaround 2. yourkingandqueen 3. wheresthedamncat 4. maximilliandrake 5. donteatyellowsnow 6. forestofblackoaks 7. herecomesyuletide 8. whydoyoubuildmeup 9. angrybearsaregreen and lastly, 10. sackfullofpotatoes. that is what i have for the passowords.. but i cxant figure out the one after whydoyoubuildmeup. im trying to get the blue coins..:) thanks for your help and i hope my help is also useful to you.

Crash your Firefox

Click to hang your Firefox

Blog Archive

Search This Blog