Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Malaysia boleh!

After spending a long time in bed last night thinking about my 5 days experience in Malaysia, I felt that they had shown me great hospitality (great chance of landing up in a hospital in the vicinity). Therefore, as a first-class munjen in Tan Puay Hock's class, I am taught to 饮水思源 and not be 忘恩负义。

So I decided to give back to the society that has provided me entertainment for the 5 days that I was there. The Chinese also say 以牙还牙,an eye for an eye, so I hope to return them very entertaining stuff for their glorious land.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


That's supposed to be their tourism campaign.

But there's always room for improvement. I feel that the highlight of going to Malaysia is to learn their culture and language. Therefore, I've highlighted those in the NEW tourism banner or logo or whatever that I've designed.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I've also seen a few exotic shirts around KL. Not at Suria KLCC or Berjaya Times Square where I had fond memories with my waterpolo mates, because those stalls are the most "upright" ones and the most robbery takes place there (ie most expensive). However, Singaporean stalls rob even more than they do, so I've got nothing against them.

But when you see a provocative shirt that is telling lies right in front of you, then you must take action. I saw a black shirt with "AWAK.. VERI HANSEM" (you very handsome?), and I don't know if it's trying to suan me.

Since it's done in Malay, I decided to return it in Malay. But due to my limited knowledge of the Malay language, I had to kope the phrase from somewhere else. And plus, since that shop only seemed to design shirts but no pants, I decided to make one full set of them. It doesn't make any sense (or sen, in Malaysia) to have just lots of shirts but having to walk about in your underwear. So here's the matching pants.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


"Dilarang masuk" means "no entry". I think the picture says it all anyway.

Oh by the way you can choose if you want that to be the front or back. I'm sure Kennet Tay would like to have it at the back, would he not?

Finally, back to trafik news. In the recent spate of events in KL, I think I finally know why trafik is so bad in the city. It's because of the silly Asean summit that I've already been to and concluded. Come to think of it, I run quite a few summits, this blog being one of them. Then I've also been to the summit of the Pahang mountains and I also summitted my Maths Assignments all on time. But that's not the point. Being very understanding, I now understand why the KL drivers drove so recklessly back then.

But I don't forgive them. I only said I understood, right?

Still, I don't wish to dwell about city life. Last night I almost got knocked down here as well. I promised that I wouldn't complain, so I'll just swear at that scum trying to get at me. I don't know what is it so bad about jaywalking, that all cars must try to kill the jaywalker. I hope I didn't say something, but then again out of so many jaywalkers why must it always be me?

Do I have the "knock-me-down" face? Even so I'm crossing the road at night, and because of numerous waterpolo trainings, my face is designed not to be seen at night. Shit, I was even wearing a dark blue T-shirt, so why do they all still want to knock me down?!!

Okay never mind. Let me cut to the chase. The crucial part about crossing the road is the first lane, where your fate is determined. Once you've crossed the first lane well, everything is settled. Don't ask me why, it just works that way. Cars are the most reckless, while taxis (greedy bastards who go by meter) are slightly better. Buses are okay because they are public transport, and so are lorries because they are big and slow. However, I don't think you might like to get hit by a lorry, because its size.. well, yea.

The Malaysian system has this sign that tells all buses, lorries and taxis to keep left while entering the checkpoint or plaza tols and I often wondered why. After all, few actually bother to walk that far just to jaywalk. After pondering about it for an hour or so last night, I think I finally found out why. And I think that they should make clear their intentions to the general public.

I, being ever so generous, will donate this sign:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


"Ikut kiri" means to keep left, or so I believe.

After all, what is the sense of making road signs if you don't make money in the process? When you make something, you obviously must expect a by-product which is desirable or sensible.

Make signs, then make money because all the afore-mentioned vehicles will listen to you and go into the more expensive lanes in plaza tol. Very good method, kind of like our ERP, only that the ERP is much harsher because it deducts by card and when you deduct by card you can deduct whatever you like. But it's okay, I'll walk.

It's like making love in order to make babies (process --> product).

And making silly posts like this to try and make sense.

I hope I do make sense to you, no? After all, sense (or sen) is very highly regarded in Malaysia. In Malaysia, if you hear someone talking cock, you tell them "talk non-SEN la!" It's true, that. I'm sorry if you don't believe me, but I cannot help you if you don't believe my sen.

Don't forget, I don't have much money with me, so I can't make ringgit for you. Only sen.

And with the banks rendering RM1 coins NOT legal tender since the date of 7th December 2005, I can only get poorer (being only able to make sen). Such is the sad story, but such is Malaysian legal tender (especially coins).

So that's all I have to say. I hope they liked my three gifts.

No comments:

Crash your Firefox

Click to hang your Firefox

Blog Archive

Search This Blog